Welcome to Dark Souls Mod Wiki - a Mod for Terraria
This wiki aims to provide a guide, hints, tips and tricks for beating the amazingly difficult game known as the Dark Souls mod, AKA The Story of Red Cloud, which is a free mod/map designed for the PC game Terraria.
About The Story of Red Cloud - a custom Terraria Map
The Story of Red Cloud is a massive full game Zelda/Dark Souls inspired adventure built inside the world of Terraria and requires Terraria to play. It will take players through 13 dungeons spread across an expansive and inter-connected world, encompassing an estimated 15 to 30+ hr experience that will offer enough to do and see to enjoy more than one playthrough.
- Dark Souls Game Mechanic
- 13 uniquely themed Dungeon areas spread between both normal and hard modes
- 29 bosses (7 vanilla plus 22 mod bosses)
- 70+ New NPCS including 8 friendly NPCs
- Custom Soundtrack inspired by Princess Mononoke & Zelda
- Over 400 new mod items, weapons, and armors compiled from a dozen of the best mods from the community
- Heavy remixing of included mod content, including some new bosses, mobs and gear
- Game requires a quick installation of tConfig and Game Launcher (files included)
- Currently single-player only, but a multiplayer update may be released later
- A unique story that's descriptive but not too heavy on text
- A strong emphasis on visual immersion and a logical connection between areas similar to Dark Soul's world layout.
- Map created entirely from scratch using Tedit 3, down to individual tree placements and hill curves
- Super Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard & Evil Difficulty Modes
- Sandbox Mode with an enhanced randomly generated map (No rules, no story, classic Terraria gameplay)
- Depending on what you choose to do and how you spend your souls, every play-through will be different.
- 10 months in development